Guest Blogging Vs Social Media. Which Is Better?
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Reading a few articles on SEO will tell you, that there are two main ways of promoting your blog and getting readers – Guest Posting, or Social Media. However, each work out only for a specific group of people. This article will discuss the pros and cons of each, and will conclude with which is better for you, the blogger. What are they?
Guest Posting – Posting an article on another blog, as a “guest”. Thus called Guest Posting. A guest post usually gives you 1 – 2 dofollow links at the end of the article.
Pros and Cons of Guest Posting/Blogging
- Have around 2 dofollow links – These links are placed at the end of the article, and thus are sure guaranteed to be seen by the readers.
- Have author description – The description tells people about you, and your work, that other types may not offer.
- The links are valued more than others – You may think, that a link in the comments will give you same credibility of the link in the article, so guest posting would be useless. Actually, that is wrong, and links in the article are valued more by Google. Moreover, links in the comments are usually nofollow, which gives no actual SEO benefit. Then, links in the comment have less chance of being clicked, whereas links in the end have more chance of being clicked, thus having more authority.
- Target Audience – posting guarantees that your links are shown to the target audience. This means, that if you have an SEO blog, and write a post about SEO, the only visitors will be the people searching about SEO, not something entirely different.
- The most obvious disadvantage is that you have to write a big, long, suitable article everytime, for the actual owner of the blog. This is not necessary in other methods.
- You have to contact the admin, which could take time, and thus results aren’t instant.
The links in the author description are high valued by Google and Readers alike. On a blog with good ranks, this could be a potential boost to your SEO. The only problem is that you have to write an article everytime, which may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
Pros and Cons of using Social Media
- Very easy to do – All you have to do is copy the link from the article, and paste it on your profile. No need of doing something tough.
- Mass exposure – If you have 200 friends, you got your link to 200 people, with no actual work.
- Easy to spread the word – Your post has chances of going viral, and thus getting loads and loads of readers with this method.
- The post is not shown to target audience. If you have 200 friends, it’s not necessary that all 200 of them are interested in the topic. Most probably, 5 – 10% of them would be interested.
- Amount of clicks. Even if you have 20 – 30 people familiar with the topic, there will be only a few that click the link. Maybe because the info presented in that article is known to them, or they just miss the link.
Upon reading this article, it would be obvious that only a certain type of people get benefits from the methods.
Guest Posting is always appreciated, and if you are a good writer, then you can establish trust. It is a bit difficult, I agree, but it gives you an SEO boost if not readers.
Using Social Media is very easy, you can get views, but they are not guaranteed. Thus, we can say that Guest Posting is great for people of all types, but they do need to have a bit of writing flair. Social media may not prove beneficial to those who do not have friends interested in the topic, but if they have a page, with good number of likes, and they post the link there, it is sure to attract some attention, and get readers.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
40 CommentsFacebook Comments