10 Essential Uses Of Google Toolbar You Must Know
- Updated On 03/09/2021
- Author : Pradeep Kumar
- Topic : Google
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=17070
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Google Toolbar is one of the interesting tools I encountered recently. Others are Google Reader and Dropbox. Google Toolbar is an Internet browser toolbar available for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Below I mentioned 10 Essential Uses of Google Toolbar which will be useful to you.
1. Check Pagerank: Google Toolbar was once commonly used for checking the PageRank of websites/blogs. Since this Toolbar is a product of Google, Webmasters recommend it.
2. Translate Webpages: Normally people use Google Translate for translating webpages, but we can also use Google Toolbar for translating. It saves time.
3. Fill Out Forms Online: If Google Toolbar is installed, go to the Options button | AutoFill box | AutoFill Settings. Give the required details for your desired options.
Now whenever you come to a form online, click the Autofill button on your Google Toolbar and the form will be filled out automatically for you.
4. Get Phishing Alerts: You will be alerted if you click on fraudulent and phishing sites. As soon as you click on the phishing email’s site to “verify my information”, the Google Toolbar do any of the following actions – popup alert, red emergency button, and a grayed out browser window.
5. Instant Calculator: Want to do some quick calculation? You don’t need to search for your scientific calculator or any other in-built calculator, you can make use of this Toolbar. With the help of search box in Google toolbar, it is possible.
Similarly using the search box you can also do some difficult calculations like ‘1*sqrt 570’ using this Toolbar. It automatically gives you the result, you don’t need to press any key.
6. Check Keyword Density: Keyword density is a measure of how often a keyword or keyword phrase is used in your web page. Also Google uses this to determine how relevant your web site is in a search. The standard keyword density will help your website to achieve higher search engine positions. [Check Tutorial]
7. Search for your website: Using this Google Toolbar, you can search your blog or website with keywords that you feel best to represent your site. If you can’t find any posts you can use your site name along with the keywords. Still if you didn’t get any results, then you may need to submit your site to Google.
8. Spell Check Web Forms: You can use the spellcheck button on the toolbar for instant spell checking on any online forms.
9. Instant Word & Acronym Definitions: If you are unfamiliar with any word or any acronym definitions just type it into your Google Toolbar, and the results provide you with more information on the topic and a link to the Definition in the very top line. This may come handy whenever you are stuck with unfamiliar words.
10. Phone Number Lookup: Google Toolbar search results also provides Phonebook results whenever you search for a phone number. Using this, you can also identify the real owner of that phone number. However Google offers you an option to remove your phone number from search results, check this.
If you know any other uses of Google Toolbar, kindly share them in the comments below.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
Leave a Reply
30 CommentsFacebook Comments
WOW! I Loved the way how you described the Features of Google Toolbar. One more thing I was not aware that checking Keyword density is possible with Google toolbar.
Thanks for sharing the info.
hi pradeep, i don’t know..how to translate the web pages? if you can please tell me…
Wow!! I never knew about these uses.. I am installing it right now 🙂
That’s a great post. I never knew about the direct calculator feature still now. Will help a lot.
i use the toolbar to check the Keyword Density……
Thanks for the information..I had no idea google had so many tools..
That’s a nice article, it will help me build my gadgets easily. Surely gave me some ideas 🙂
I opted out of installing the Google toolbar, for what reason, I barely even remember now. Reading this reminds me that I really should think about deleting one of my toolbars, as I’m actually in need of these tools compared to my present one.
that’sa great list i know only two or three uses of it. thanks for adding more on my list.
the auto fill option is cool. I use firefox's add-on 'auto-fill forms' for the same though.
Rohit Batra @ IpodTouch4G
Nice Illustration Pradeep…Google Toolbar is really useful tool..
All are awesome, simple but useful………Thanks for valuable sharing about Google tool bar by which web surfing is easy.
No doubt…..! simple, amazing and most beneficial. …………Best of luck……………………!
I don’t know these many useful features of google tool bar. You have given good information.
i am a great fan of google toolbar.
Google toolbar is one of the best things i like in firefox. Especially things like PR and keyword density which is really cool.
Not another toolbar, I do use the Google toolbar, like you say it has some pretty cool features.
I also use SEO quake, very useful. The thing with toolbars I like, is you can turn them off, I have about 5 that are used for different things, I turn them on when I need them.
Brother, I heard one of my friends saying that Google keep tracking all your internet activities with the help of this Toolbar. In that case what are you thoughts?
Yes Anil, I believe Google tracks all our browsing activities. 😐
For more details check out this article mate http://www.theitechblog.com/804/stop-google-recording-web-activity-how-to
i never thought google toolbar has so many uses… thanks.
Oh, that’s really a super useful toolbar. But I mainly use it to check a page’s PR only. 🙂
I found Google toolbar really helpful in Firefox…
Where as in chrome, I am using extensions for every functionality and this tool bar is taking place..
So, it seems I need a lot of learning to finally use the Google Toolbar fully. So far, I just use it to check the Google Page Rank only. I do know about keywords density checking but never use the Google Toolbar for it. The other functions? I do not any idea about it before read this article.
Phishing Alerts and auto fill up of web forms is a very good feature of google toolbar
Yes, indeed. But if you think a page is falsely alerted with a phishing alert, is there a way to continue to view the page?
Translation of web pages is a good feature of google toolbar
Hey i use google toolbar but didn’t know 2 cool uses.Thanks for amazing post.
Tuan @Online Tech News
Although Google Toolbar maybe a good one with many useful stuffs, I still don’t like any more toolbar to my browser, it makes Firefox run much heavier.
There are so many of them which I did not know about.. Thanks for an insightful post, Pradeep… 🙂
I mainly use this toolbar as a short cut to Google SE… There are more things to have a look at… Thanks