Google Toolbar is one of the interesting tools I encountered recently. Others are Google Reader and Dropbox. Google Toolbar is an Internet browser toolbar available for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Below I mentioned 10 Essential Uses of Google Toolbar which will be useful to you.
1. Check Pagerank: Google Toolbar was once commonly used for checking the PageRank of websites/blogs. Since this Toolbar is a product of Google, Webmasters recommend it.
2. Translate Webpages: Normally people use Google Translate for translating webpages, but we can also use Google Toolbar for translating. It saves time.
3. Fill Out Forms Online: If Google Toolbar is installed, go to the Options button | AutoFill box | AutoFill Settings. Give the required details for your desired options.
Now whenever you come to a form online, click the Autofill button on your Google Toolbar and the form will be filled out automatically for you.
4. Get Phishing Alerts: You will be alerted if you click on fraudulent and phishing sites. As soon as you click on the phishing email’s site to “verify my information”, the Google Toolbar do any of the following actions – popup alert, red emergency button, and a grayed out browser window.
5. Instant Calculator: Want to do some quick calculation? You don’t need to search for your scientific calculator or any other in-built calculator, you can make use of this Toolbar. With the help of search box in Google toolbar, it is possible.
Similarly using the search box you can also do some difficult calculations like ‘1*sqrt 570’ using this Toolbar. It automatically gives you the result, you don’t need to press any key.
6. Check Keyword Density: Keyword density is a measure of how often a keyword or keyword phrase is used in your web page. Also Google uses this to determine how relevant your web site is in a search. The standard keyword density will help your website to achieve higher search engine positions. [Check Tutorial]
7. Search for your website: Using this Google Toolbar, you can search your blog or website with keywords that you feel best to represent your site. If you can’t find any posts you can use your site name along with the keywords. Still if you didn’t get any results, then you may need to submit your site to Google.
8. Spell Check Web Forms: You can use the spellcheck button on the toolbar for instant spell checking on any online forms.
9. Instant Word & Acronym Definitions: If you are unfamiliar with any word or any acronym definitions just type it into your Google Toolbar, and the results provide you with more information on the topic and a link to the Definition in the very top line. This may come handy whenever you are stuck with unfamiliar words.
10. Phone Number Lookup: Google Toolbar search results also provides Phonebook results whenever you search for a phone number. Using this, you can also identify the real owner of that phone number. However Google offers you an option to remove your phone number from search results, check this.
If you know any other uses of Google Toolbar, kindly share them in the comments below.