5 Tips To Create Social Buzz Around Your Blog
- Updated On 07/10/2019
- Author : Brian Nixon
- Topic : Blogging
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=45674
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
When you write a blog post, what do you want it to do for you? Engage visitors? Encourage them to return? Share and bookmark your posts so that you can generate Google-worthy social signals, right?
The question is, does your blog actually do that? Or does it get lost in the virtual sea of information? A blog that doesn’t generate social signals for you is not getting you the ROI it should.
How To Create Effective Blogs?
The following are the top 5 tips for creating Blogs that will be worth your while (and probably more):
1) Get newsy: Write about something that is trending or generating controversy. You’ll then have a good chance of getting noticed. For example, newsy keywords are not very competitive, so a well-written search engine optimized blog post can easily feature among the top results associated with the keyword. Second, a newsy blog may get featured in Google News and Blog alert notification e-mails, thus sending targeted traffic your way.
2) Make it personal: Articles and blog posts are two different forms of content; you must not forget the distinction. Blogs establish a better user connect because they have a personal touch, unlike articles which are written in third person. So, when you write a blog post don’t forget to share your own insights and experiences.
3) Get people talking: Comments don’t just create a buzz around your blog; they also encourage people to return. After posting comments most readers subscribe to the thread, to keep track of any replies the post may receive.
This means every time a new user posts a reply, they will get an e-mail notification. An active comment thread can thus get you several repeat visitors. Needless to say comments are a good indication of user engagement.
The question now is, how do you encourage people to comment? The following are among the most recommended techniques:
- Ask an engaging question associated with the post in the end.
- Create a poll associated with the subject.
- Mention something controversial and divisive in your post.
- Share your own opinion about a controversial subject. Make sure though that you do not say anything that your target user base is likely to find offensive.
4) Keep up a good pace: As per Google Webmasters guidelines, updating your blog frequently is an excellent user engagement technique. Moreover, adding new high-quality content on a regular basis will not only give you an excuse to post your site’s links on social sharing platforms (without looking like a spammer), but would also increase the chances of your content being shared and bookmarked by users.
5) Organize your toolbox: Social sharing widgets are an essential element of any website’s toolbox. Installing buttons of popular social sharing sites will make it easier for visitors to share and bookmark your content. Needless to say, you too will be able to share new posts on your preferred social networks at the click of a button. The following are among the most recommended social sharing tools:
- Sharethis: The button code is available on the official website. If you are on WordPress, you may even select and activate the plugin through your dashboard.
The advantage of installing ‘ShareThis’ is that it allows users to bookmark content to several popular social sharing sites including Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit, Stumbleupon, Blogger, and many more, through a neat and simple interface.
- Addthis: The tool is similar to Sharethis and allows users to share a post on multiple sharing sites through neat and customizable interfaces. You may choose either of the two tools based on the interface you prefer.
- RSS Button: This is an essential tool for every Blogsite. This button will be essential for increasing the RSS subscribers and get updates whenever there is a new post.
A well maintained blog can prove to be an excellent brand building and SEO tool. Yes, it takes effort to put up interesting posts, but the rewards that informative and engaging blogs yield are often worth every bit of that effort.
This article is written by Brian Nixon. He is a search engine optimizer who writes for Pitstop Media Inc a top rated SEO company in Vancouver. If you wish to write for HBB, kindly check this.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
22 CommentsFacebook Comments