Why Tumblr Is A Win-Win Platform For SEO
- Updated On 23/04/2017
- Author : HBB | Guest Author
- Topic : SEO
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=61391
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Everyone has heard of Facebook and Twitter, but for some reason Tumblr is often overlooked. However, if you are looking to promote content online, you need to start taking more notice of Tumblr because there are loads of SEO benefits in using Tumblr as a Social Media platform.
How Does Tumblr Work?
Tumblr is basically a vast hosted blogging platform, but what makes it different from Facebook and Twitter is that the majority of Tumblr users are 25 and under. There are currently around 130 million blogs hosted on Tumblr, which is nearly twice as many on WordPress. Tumblr also boasts a lot of web traffic—the site has around 300 million visitors every month, which equates to 15% of all Internet users.
What Are the Benefits of Using Tumblr?
The uniqueness of Tumblr is what makes is so powerful from an SEO perspective. Although the site is built around a blogging platform, it allows users to like each other’s posts and contents and to follow other Tumblr blogs. This means Tumblr has masses of potential.
- Hashtag search capability – You don’t need lots of followers to get your content discovered on Tumblr; you just need to use hashtags. Even brand new blogs will be reblogged if the content is great, which brings us to the next advantage of Tumblr.
- Dofollow links – The main advantage of creating content on Tumblr is that all links are dofollow. So if your post is reblogged dozens of time, you have just gained dozens of useful backlinks. Great, huh?
- Branding – If you are keen on targeting a younger demographic, Tumblr is the way forward. Most of the audience on Tumblr is in their teens or early twenties. Use Tumblr in addition to Facebook and Twitter and cover all bases.
- Build microsites – Tumblr blogs are perfect for people who want to build up lots of small microsites that link back to their main site. Tumblr is the place to post less serious content.
What Type of Content Does Well on Tumblr?
You can post all kinds of content on Tumblr, but there are some types of content that do better than others. Photos, illustrations, quotes, memes and animations are the most popular postings on Tumblr and if you can come up with some hilarious memes or a silly animated GIF, you are well on the way to enjoying viral exposure. If you aren’t sure about what type of stuff to post, spend time browsing through other Tumblr blogs or perform a few hashtag searches for keywords in your niche. That should give you a few ideas about what might work.
The best way to make Tumblr work for you is to post content on a consistent basis. The more engaging content you post, the more Tumblr followers you will attract, and of course the more backlinks you can build back to your website. It is also a great place to promote a brand and top quality content. So make sure you start using Tumblr today for it really is a win-win strategy.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
8 CommentsFacebook Comments