5 “Tried & True” Ways Of Driving Traffic To Your Blog On A Budget
- Updated On 17/04/2017
- Author : Aimee Sway
- Topic : Blogging
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=26919
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Every day I think about how I can drive more traffic to my blog. I sit during breakfast ticking ideas off, or in the bath as I relax at night. It is a near obsession, and I am sure I am not the only one who spends way too much time considering it. This is more than a hobby, it is my livelihood and my passion. I love to write, to share with my readers. I love being able to direct people to my blog when I am talking about any specific topic that takes further explanation.
(Credit: CC EpSos.de/Flickr)
When speaking to other bloggers, we tend to try and share tips on how to bring in a larger readership. That is understandable, as it is the fuel that keeps it going., Steady traffic is crucial to blog health and success, and it can be a blow when the numbers just won’t go up.
Surprisingly (or not) the same basic tips tend to come up during every discussion. They are the ‘tried and true’ steps to drawing more attention, and they have worked for everyone in some way, large or small. Try these tricks to drive more traffic to your blog.
- 1. Frequent Posting – Search engines work by indexing content based on popularity, date posted and related content to search queries. The more frequently you post, the more there will be to index and so the more likely Google or other engines will be to direct searchers to your blog. That doesn’t mean you have to flood your blog with content. But posting daily, especially on weekdays, can give you a boost.
- 2. Utilize Headlines – A headline is a big draw to an article. Learning to use something that will catch a reader’s attention is key. Possibly the best way to bring in their attention is through the use of numbers, which will alert them to a list. You will see that this works, as you are reading this article now.
- 3. Email Lists and Social Media – Interaction with readers is a great way to keep them coming back. You will always have comment sections in posts, but you can take that a step further. Use old-fashioned email lists to let them know what is going on. This can be a nice, personal way to get their attention. An even better way is through a social networking page, such as on Twitter or Facebook. You can even use updates on LinkedIn and other sites for this purpose.
- 4. Allow Readers To Subscribe – I have lost count of the sites I have failed to put on my daily visit list because they didn’t offer a subscription. I enjoy having a live feed, and so do others. Provide plenty of options for this on your blog, such as through Feedburner and Feedblitz.
- 5. Visit Blogs Yourself – One of the fastest ways to be seen is through commenting on other blogs. I don’t mean through spamming, but by genuine interaction. Brand your comments to drive traffic to your blog. You can provide a link to your site with your comment, through a signature or where it allows you to provide it in the form. You can also connect with other bloggers and find potential guest posting opportunities.
These are the five easiest and most common ways to drive traffic to a blog. Try them out and watch how they work for you.
This article is written by Aimee. She is a frugal blogger for Credit Card Finder, the free credit card comparison tool for Australians. If you wish to write for us, kindly check this.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
Leave a Reply
17 CommentsFacebook Comments
Godo tips for increasing blog traffic. Pluggin in social media networks, such as you have already done is also a good way of making your blog popular.
Consistency in posting and submitting your links is very important in maintaining traffic to your blog. Also, social media is helpful in promoting your blog.
5 points are very nice and subscription point is really greate.nice share 🙂
Jerrick @ Singapore Web Hosting
I love the last point. It really help which you visit other people blog and drop a comment ,they will did the same thing to you as well. Most of the blogger to not worry to create new post or write lot of new content , they just worry that lot of work they need to spread out to get exposure and traffic.
That why RSS feed and social media plug in is a need. If you hope for more , then you do need to do more marketing on your post.
Good post. Thank you for sharing these tricks to drive traffic to blogs.
Good list Aimee. Definitely are worth to be followed to get more traffic and more exposure.
Great tips. I come across recently that having a good header is essential. It can really attract readers to read on the post and reduce bounce rate.
Thanks for the tips.. I had been quite irregular while posting on the blog.. since last one month, I have been posting almost everyday.. and I can see the effects 🙂 I have also been getting Guest Post requests which I still haven't opened publicly on my blog..
Thanks for sharing Aimee… 🙂
Great tips Aimee. I personally love social media traffic. It's a gold mine if you know how to dig it out!
Point#1 and #3 are the most important things in driving traffic to any website where as the point#1 requires the quality content rather than frequent posting. Posting frequently does not mean that search engine will show your website at top result, it needs more unique and quality content as per the latest Google algorithm changes.
Yup. The 5th point is nice one 🙂
Riya @ Couponseasy
Thanks for sharing these useful tricks. 🙂
Nice tips, I personally feel that social media is great place to attract huge traffic but ultimately it's the quality of your post that matters.
I don’t know much more about blog. But reading this article, I think, I should learn about it.
These are some really important points that can be used to attract traffic.
Points noted, Good post, Thank you for sharing.
Thanx for the tricks. Gonna implement them on my blog now.