Cyber Bullying In YouTube
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Kind note from the Author :
If you come across anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or cause distress on the Social Networking Sites or anywhere on the Internet, please make sure your parents or any other known adults aware of it. Tell them immediately about the issue.
MUST READ : Beware Of Social Engineering Attacks
YouTube like other social networking sites is only for people above the age of 13 and not below it. Bullying may look common and it may be like an issue not to be concern of. But conditions do apply. It may turn serious to the extent of unanswerable. So better be Safe than Sorry.
These are some solutions like prefer to people for preventing such problems :
1. Privacy :
Please make sure to click the Log Off or Log Out link before leaving the website or leaving the system.
- Remove Your Age : You can remove your age from your profile or channel. Go to My Account | Channel Settings | Personal Info. Choose Do not display age on your public profile and then click Update Channel.
- To Change Your Personal Info : Click Channel Info link for changing your personal information. It recommended not to fill details that shows all your identities. In certain circumstances this will be useful.
- Location Information : You can change your location information in My Channel. Again it is for your safety.
USEFUL : 5 Cool Tools For Ensuring Your Online Privacy
2. Comments :
Abusive comments are very difficult to answer and it will depress the user. It will surely end in a disaster if replied to it.
- Disable Comments : You can disable comments for avoiding these things. Go to My Videos and click the Edit Video button. You can also moderate the comments by choosing moderate comments options under Sharing.
- Remove an Abusive Comment : You can remove a comment which you think is offensive. Go to that video and jump to Respones and Comments, find that comment and click the Remove link.
3. Report Abuse :
YouTube is friendly to its users, it often takes action against such people and they even delete that uploader’s account.
YouTube has a section for Reporting Abuse.
MOST RELATED :
- Don’t Click Any Third Party Links In Orkut
- Reporting Abuse Or Bug To Social Networking Sites
- Protect Your Password In Cyber Cafe and On Public Computers
Here are some useful links from YouTube and other sources:
- YouTube – Community Guidelines
- YouTube – Report Abuse
p style=”text-align: center;”>Better Be Safe than Sorry. Prevention is always better than cure!
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
14 CommentsFacebook Comments