26 Responses

1. But doing this will also prevent us from having the full fun of Facebook! Another better option is to mark unwanted posts as Spam and tell your friends to do the same.

2. Namit Gupta says:

Simple but Effective tip. :-)

3. Satish says:

hell with this spams and virus. i hate facebook now a days :( this can solve half of my problems 😀

4. I think by doing this we're also preventing our real friends and readers to share something. Is there any way we can prevent particular person to post on our wall?? If it's possible then it would be great as not many people would be spammers.

5. Eapen@InternetMarker says:

But Pradeep, wouldn't this block all the wall posts to a profile?

6. geshare.net says:

nice and cool info.thanks.

7. vishnu says:

nice info a lot of fb spam posting in our walls:(

8. Surendhar V says:

Thanks for this tip and will definitely reduce some spam post in the wall

9. DHARMESH BA says:

Thats a good idea but it might annoy people when they need to communicate something to me through wall.

10. Uttoran Sen says:

Nice tip, i have been bombarded with those wall posts myself, i used to just delete them, but now we can prevent them from coming… facebook sometimes becomes a lot annoying, every time someone adds me on an event or a groups i get an email notification, and i have selected to get no emails for them… really disturbing..

PS. i guess your comment luv plugin is not working.

11. Freebiesbuzz says:

This is the best, facebook could do to stop spamming into other accounts….

12. Kavya Hari says:

Thank you so much for sharing your tips on here. Simple one :)

13. Tej SolPro says:

Ohh Wonderful. This will stop to get some unexpected wall post.

14. Tony Cars says:

But generally it's not friends who spam you, and most people want friends to be able to post on their walls.

15. Paul Salmon says:

I haven't run into any issues with spam, but having the option to prevent others from posting on my wall is good to know. For me, since I don't get the spam, I do get those facebook game updates, which are annoying.

16. thanks for this simple tip but what if someone what's to post like birthday wishes onto ur wall. then i think he/she will not be able to do so. is not it??

17. Bobby says:

hey ya!

FB has changed the manage privacy option it doesn't look the same as instructed above, I used to disable my wall and comments before but now I can only disable the wall but the comments field is still there. I wish to disable or hide temporarily the entire wall. Can someone help?

18. Bill Kneen says:

It would be nice to not see posts that are sharing things. A nice little switch would be nice. I am more interested in my friend the their shared photos and things.