WordPress Android App For Webmasters [REVIEW]
- Updated On 20/04/2018
- Author : Malinda Alahakoon
- Topic : WordPress
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=47595
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
“Be the first” is one critical success factor for bloggers. It could be hot news, gadget release or maybe a comment which need quick attention. As long as you are in front of a computer, you have no problem. But if you are away, may be on the road. In such a case you could miss a great opportunity to attract millions of visitors to your blog.
Isn’t there any way to keep in touch with blog and administrate it when you are away? Of course you can use mobile browser, but it’s not a perfect solution. When I was stumbling across Google Play Store, I came across with great app which will solve all of the above problems. Using this app you can connect to your WordPress blog and access entire administration features when you are on the move.
Getting Started with WordPress Android App
Before you start using WordPress Android app, you should enable XML-RPC from WordPress dashboard -> Settings -> Writing -> Remote publishing.
It’s letting Android app to access your blog and publish articles. Make sure you have strong password as well, or else create a strong password. Now you are good to start WordPress Android app.
- Go to Google Play Store and install WordPress app on your Smartphone.
- Initial launch will prompt you a licensee agreement. Accept it and proceed.
- Then it will take you to a window with 3 options. There you can
– Start a new blog
– Add WordPress.com blog
– Add Self hosted WordPress blog.
Choose appropriate options. In my case I’d go with self hosted blog option.
- In the next window enter blog URL, username, password and tap Save.
- It will take you to app dashboard where you can find all the WordPress options.
- There you can control posts, pages, comments and settings.
- Its providing you option to publish post right in from your phone with images and videos.
- When you go to post and page section, you can preview content, share or delete them.
- In comment section you can see latest comment, reply, approve, spam or delete them easily.
- The best thing about WordPress android app is it’s giving you notification for new comments.
- To enable that go to preferences and set update interval and type of notification you need.
- For wordpress.com blogs you can see stats as well.
With upcoming Android 5.0 update, I think this is a very useful app, especially for news blogger. You can update multimedia rich content even when they are in the field. You can keep close eye on your blog and its status. Any blogger would like to give a quick response to commoners. This app is giving comment notification and you can reply to them right in the app. A must try app for all WordPress bloggers and get this app installed in your android phone right away. If you need more engaging apps, you can also check out popular Android forum for this.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
25 CommentsFacebook Comments