txtWeb: An Exciting Opportunity for Developers!
- Updated On 23/06/2016
- Author : HBB | Editorial Staff
- Topic : Web Apps
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=62310
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Did you know… that in India that there are over 700 million mobile users but a majority of these users have regular feature phones and no data plan.
The top complaint that most smartphone users face is that their 3G or Edge network often drops and they are often left stranded without internet access in remote areas and if they are on vacation or travelling.
txtWeb, an Intuit owned property addresses these issues. It is an SMS app platform where anyone with a mobile phone can discover and consume content just by SMSing keywords to 51115.
With over 11million users the platform grows from strength to strength everyday providing access to cricket scores, news, Facebook and more all through the SMS. Users need to SMS @keyword to 51115 to access content
E.g. To get cricket scores users need to SMS @cri to 51115.
A user can think of txtWeb as an SMS-based browser, but much more accessible than web-browsers since anyone with a simple feature phone can use it.
txtWeb also has a vibrant developer community that are die-hard txtWebbers themselves. The platform offers developers from a variety of tech and non-tech backgrounds the opportunity to grow, learn and most importantly Earn on the platform. Let’s take a look at what sets the platform apart for developers:
- The platform is Agnostic and therefore welcomes developers with a varied skillset and coding background. Apps can be developed in any of the web programming languages like PHP, JAVA, PYTHON and so on.
- txtWeb allows developers to create different kinds of apps based on their skill level. The platform also allows their apps to become more complex, include new features as the developers coding skills improve.
- Developers with no coding skills can also develop apps with a simple excel sheet.
- txtWeb rewards its developers with cash prizes of upto 51,115 INR every month . The platform has two leaderboards based on user hits, that rewards new apps and fan favorites.
- The platform also supports different languages allowing developers to create location-specific apps in regional languages.
What are the different types of apps on the platform?
- Through Coding: Create a txtApp that provides a dynamic response based on the app developed by the developer. The developer has to host the app and provide the URL while creating this app. Creating and deploying an SMS-based app on txtWeb usually takes about 5 hours.
- Through an Excel Sheet: txtShuffle serves a randomized response from the list of SMS messages uploaded by the developer. An app through txtShuffle could take 20 mins.
- A simple Text App: txtSite is the easiest and quickest way to create an app to serve static content. This typically takes 5 minutes.
- A Reminder App: txtReminder app sends SMS messages to its subscribers at a scheduled frequency & time. A reminder app could take between 20 to 30 minutes to create and deploy.
Discover how easy it is to create an app on txtWeb in this Tutorial or check out a sample txtWeb code.
Become a txtWeb Developer Today. Register here. Developers can reach txtWeb at email@example.com in case of any assistance.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
One CommentFacebook Comments