“The” Basics Of Blogging And How To Get Them Right
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Don’t Worry, making Weird Faces with “o” in mouth is definitely not a Blogging Basic. What are Blogging Basics according to you? What are the things that you should get right to be a successful blogger?
I am sure I will get a lot of difference responses. Some will say it is monetizing your blog, some will say it is making a big email list and so on.
The thing is that we have been conditioned to so many different things that we are forgetting the real basics of blogging, or “the” basics!
What Are The Basics Of Blogging
- 1. Writing
- 2. Reading
- 3. Promoting
No matter what else others tell you, don’t believe!
Because if you get these three things right, everything else will work.
Monetizing? You can easily monetize if you have traffic which you will get by promoting.
Want more readers? Good content and promotion are the keys.
Want new ideas? Reading is the best solution.
How To Get These Right
As I said before, if you get these three things right, you do not have much to do. But how to get these right?
Writing is not a hard thing to do. Just follow following and you will be fine:
- Write, Write, Write: There is only one proven way to become an expert in any field, practice. You have to do the actual thing to learn. And with writing, the case is same. You have to write a lot to learn writing well. Start writing and write a lot!
- Try Free Writing: Struggling for ideas? Try this: Turn off everything else and open a blank document. Go full screen and for next 5 minutes, do not do anything but write. Write everything that comes to your mind. Do not stop in between. After 5 minutes, you will be amazed to see how many ideas are there.
- Set A Writing Schedule: If you train your brain to do one thing at a particular time, it will soon make it a habit. So try writing on a fixed schedule.
- Do Whatever You Want: Every human is different and everything does not work for everyone. So don’t care about what others say. Do what makes you write. For example, I usually write with my headphones and instrumental music. Other think it is distracting but I write quite easily with it.
We all do a bit of reading everyday. And it is really helpful. Reading helps you by introducing you to some amazing ideas. By reading, you can learn a lot.
- Read Other Blogs: Blogs have lot of innovative ideas and reading blogs in your niche can get you lot of good ideas.
- Read Books: Books have one advantage over blogs: structure. Most of the blogs publish posts that are not in a specific order. With book, you go systematically, according to structure.
- Research: It pays to know about latest happenings in your niche. When free, go and surf a bit and learn what’s new and famous in your niche.
Promotion is one of the hardest things to do. Many bloggers read and write well but fail here. And this is one of the biggest reasons of failure.
- Guest Post: Guest Posting is one of the best ways to get traffic. Though you may not get hundreds of visitors in a single day, guest posts will get you constant traffic and help in search engine optimisation as well.
- Search Engines: Search Engines are one of largest sources of traffic. By optimising your blog posts for them, you can attract a good amount of traffic easily.
- Comment: By leaving comments on other blogs, you can get visits by other interested bloggers. Though you need to make your content interesting.
- Social Circle: I have seen that many bloggers do not share their blog in their own social circles. If you are doing it, stop and start telling others about your blog.
If you master reading, writing and promoting, you will soon be a Pro Blogger. Ignore other things, just try different things in these three and see the result.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
29 CommentsFacebook Comments