12 WordPress Plugins To Enhance Your Blog’s Performance
- Updated On 23/11/2015
- Author : Raz Barr
- Topic : WordPress
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=4902
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Are you not happy with the loading time of your WordPress Blog? Do you think it’s time to reduce the bandwidth usage of your blog without affecting its performance? Do you want to provide a much better experience to your visitors? Then, please keep on reading because this article would cover the 12 WordPress Plugins that will help you to enhance the performance of your blog.
1. WP-DBManager: – This is one of the Plugins that will save you whenever the database of your blog is destroyed or becomes corrupt. WP-DBManager allows you to optimize, repair and backup your database with one click. You can also automatically schedule backup of your databases and can configure it to email. To download this Plugin click here.
2. WP Security Scan: – This Plugin will scan your WordPress blog for all kinds of security vulnerabilities on your blog and will save your site from all kind of hackers. To download this Plugin click here.
3. WP Super Cache: – This Plugin will improve the performance of your blog by generating static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After creation of static html files, your web server will show light static files instead of heavy PHP files. This Plugin will speed up the performance of your blog and saves a lot of your bandwidth. To download this Plugin click here.
5. Redirection: – This Plugin will help you to manage 301 redirections and to keep track of 404 errors on your blog. You can use this Plugin to add 301 redirects to any post when its URL changes or on pages with identical content but different URL extensions like index.php and without it. You can also use to Plugin when you are migrating posts from one blog to another. To download this Plugin click here.
6. Broken Link Checker: – This Plugin once activated will monitor your blog for broken links and will notify you by showing a message on your blog dashboard if found. The time this Plugin will take to parse all your posts depends on the size of your site. To download this Plugin click here.
7. WP-Ban: – This Plugin will help you to ban an IP address, IP range, Specific Host name, referral URL with one click. You can also show a custom message to people whenever somebody from your banned list tries to access your blog. To download this Plugin click here.
8. One Click Plugin Updater: – As the name says, this Plugin will allow you to install or update any new Plugin and theme with one click and save you lots of time. To download this Plugin click here.
9. Google XML Sitemaps: – This Plugin will create XML sitemaps for search engines so that the spiders can easily find the posts on your blog. In addition to that, this Plugin will also notify search engines every time you create a new post on your blog so that your post can indexed by search engines quickly. To download this Plugin click here.
10. Theme Test Drive: – This Plugin will allow you to test any new theme on your blog at the backend and your visitors in time will see the old theme of your blog only without noticing any difference on your blog. To download this Plugin click here.
11. SEO Friendly Images: – This Plugin will automatically add the Alt and Title attributes to images, if they don’t have those attributes already. In addition to that, this Plugin will make the post W3C/xHTML valid as well. To download this Plugin click here.
12. Platinum SEO Pack: – If you are already using All-in-One SEO Plugin then you should try this Plugin for sure. This Plugin provides much more features than All-in-One SEO. This Plugin will automatically generate Meta data for your posts, manage redirects, and insert canonical tags on pages with duplicate content and a lot more. To download this Plugin click here.
This article is written by Raz Barr. He is a Web Designer at Go-gulf, a web design company in Beirut that provides high quality website development and logo designing services in various areas of Middle-East.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
Leave a Reply
50 CommentsFacebook Comments
Hi, I am new to blogging. But I wanted to start blogging after reading your blog.
I want to start a mobile review site. Is it a good option (I am familiar with mobile models and specs).
Can you suggest me a plugin to add filter widget on my website to filter the product by its some specs (like brand, price, launched year, ram, etc). If you suggest me plugin it is very helpful to me. Please. (I will start wesite in couple of days
“I want to start a mobile review site. Is it a good option”
Regardless which niche you pick, it’s entirely up to your passion, which decides whether it’s a good option or not. Mobiles are trending and we get plenty of information every day.
“Can you suggest me a plugin to add filter widget on my website to filter the product by its some specs”
As of now, there isn’t any specific plugin for this purpose, but it’s possible on WordPress(.org) platform, you can hire a developer for that. 🙂
This list seems to very different than I thought, you have mentioned that we can achieve most of the functionalities by coding – could you guide me to any one blog or website where I can find those tutorials or codes as I am new to this optimizing WordPress.
By the way, Thanks for the awesome post.
What about Blogger Blogspost blogs, they don’t require anything like WordPress blogs?
Blogger / Blogspot blogs, by default, they have been well optimised by Google. Many Bloggers start micro-niche sites because of this reason. 🙂
I am Using Yoast SEO with its Sitemap.. Do i Need Sitemap XML Plugin with it..
Not necessarily needed, but if you have a blog with plenty of images, then try Sitemap plugin for Images.
Don’t you think Smush It is also a good plugin ad must be used by everyone
Yes, WP Smush is a wonderful plugin for image optimization. 🙂
I am using All in One SEO on my site www.gadgetandprice.com but every blogger says that Yoast is the best one but I never tried it so want to go for it in my new blog what you say should I go for Yoast or Platinum SEO Pack that you mentioned above.
Yoast SEO is what we use and recommend. 🙂
I highly recommend using W3 Total Cache over WP Super Cache. I use it on all my blogs and it really helps with speed. Its a little hard to get your head around at first but its well worth persevering with it though and learn what all the options do.
What about WP-Optimize is it good?
Yep, it’s good. But we prefer W3 Total Cache for the optimization part. 🙂
Thanks for this great information. These are very useful plugins
These small plugin are very crucial in speeding up blog upload time. buddy can you tell me that these plugins will or will not require any adjustment in wordpress coding?
Because sometime installing plugins raises some problems and need hosting a/c adjustments.
Some very good plugins in there, I have noticed you did not give wp-optimize a slot in that list. I tried it out recently and it allowed me to 1-click delete 1000’s of old spam comment and posts revisions. Its truly a must for any blog. Its the first time I hear about the WP ban plugin, sounds like a useful plugin to fight spammers with. Thanks for the post, much appreciated!
SEO Machine PRO
SEO Image Friendly not working perfectly…
I am already using few of them..Will check out rest..nice list
Thanks for the list but i think W3 Total Cache Plugin is better than WP Super Cache.
That was some neat stuff. I am going to use the WP Security and WP Minify.
Hey blogger, which is the best wordpress SEO plugin for SEO !!!
WordPress SEO by Yoast is the best SEO plugin.
can u plz suggest a plugin that can automatically ban ip address if the site/blog gets more than x no of click in a given period of time or if an ip address visits too often. but before the ip is blocked i want to set the above statistics.
From the list, i was very much impressed by platinum SEO pack. It was very good among them.
thanks for list of great plugins…
Great tips! Thanks so much for sharing.
I’ll second the nomination for W3 Total Cache. It contains more options than WP Super Cache. It can do the work of WP Super Cache and WP Minify as well as many other tweaks to improve the performance of your blog.
Other than that, I have used, or currently use many of the plugins you listed above.
these are really nice collection of plugins… i didnt know about most of them plugins previously..thanks or making us aware about such useful plugins…
I am going to download security plugin right now.. thnx for it 🙂
Stijn | BitSeekers.com
I'm already using a few of them. Some I've never heard about before.
Time to try them 🙂
Dev | Technshare
Great list bro .
thanks for sharing..;)
R I Mohana Krishnan
dude.. that’s really a Gud article … 🙂
Those who aren’t afraid of tricky plug-in configurations should take a look @ W3 Total Cache. With it’s CDN functionality, it’s a piece of wonder cache plug-in. Loves it! 😉
I think these plugins once used all.. will make our blog load like a dead engine
Please note – there is a number of plugins which integrates all functionality of performance optimization for your WordPress website – i.e. WEBO Site SpeedUp, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/
tell me : platinum seo pack or all in one seo pack which is good. i have all in one seo pack
Thanks for the information…. I use a few of them let me try the remaining too…..
“WP Security Scan” is what i was looking for. Few weeks back, my blog was attacked by some malware…going to try it..thanks
easy adsenser plugin is best suitable for adsense purpose, it displaying ads inside the post bottom and top, also widget support,, i installed on my blog, much satisfied with that plugin
Wp – minify with CSS optimizer works really great, They are must use plugins, if you consider to reduce the load time of the website.
Id also like to add Commentluv plugin. It’s a fantastic feature and one I think everyone should use.
Thanks for ” SEO Friendly Images “, good.
Thanks so much Pradeep for putting this list up. Each and every one is worth.
I always like these lists and end up finding some plugin I had never used before, headed to get the broken link checker now!
John Paul Aguiar
Great list.. I use about half these.. need to look into a couple more.
Ruth @ WordPress Toronto
I have tried a number of these but there are several on your list that I haven’t tried. Thanks for the recommendations.
Hesham @ FamousBloggers
I love the Broken Link Checker and I use it on all my blogs, but I am not sure if I am going to use the one Click plugin updater!
One click plugin updater is not quite required because the default updater is really efficient and fast without much hassles.
Broken link checker is really good to help maintain a good image in the Google’s eye..
sudharsan @ technoskillonline
Try this plugins also bcoz its very much usefull from iframe attack from server side
AskApache Password Protect
great and usefull list buddy….