5 General Tips To Create A Good Blog Post
- Updated On 09/01/2016
- Author : Jasmine
- Topic : Blogging
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=15236
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Ok, let’s admit it. We all want our blogs to be read, be it for marketing purposes, the generation of advertising revenue or simply to be heard (or rather, read) in the World Wide Web!
If we had intended to keep our knowledge to ourselves or our thoughts private, we would not have even started blogging in the first place, right? We would have written all our tips and thoughts in a diary instead.
So how do we write a great blog post that captures a reader’s attention, and make him or her wants to come back for more? Here are 5 tips that you could apply:
#1 – Have A Catchy & Interesting Title
- Think of a title that is captivating enough to induce the curiosity of the reader, making him/her want to read further to find out more. Which post would you prefer to read: “Nail that job in 5 ways!” or “Preparation tips for an interview”?
- Include search terms in your blog title so that anyone Googling for information would be able to find your post.
#2 – Provide Links & Tag Your Posts
- Readers want information in an easy way, so they’d be grateful if they can get more information from your posts without having to look far. Do this by linking keywords to sites where they can read up more on the topic. You can also link your posts back to any of your older ones if they are related.
- Tag your posts according to their respective categories. This allows the readers to find them easily especially if they would like to read more on the same theme or genre.
#3 – Write Short Sentences In Point Form
- You don’t want your readers to get cock-eyed! It is definitely much easier on the eye reading text written in point form compared to paragraphs and paragraphs of words. Most people do not spend a long time on each site and once they are bored or tired, they’d move on to another site. Besides, there are probably various other sites offering similar information. I myself would skip to another site if you’ve given me lines and lines of information to read!
- KISS, by keeping it short and simple. Go straight to the point delivering what you want to say. There is no need to impress the reader with bombastic jargon for the average reader out there is most likely to be an average Joe who is a layman in the field.
#4 – Talk To Your Audience
- Write as though you are talking to your readers. Don’t write in a too formal way. Not only it can get boring, we don’t want to feel as though we are reading some notes that our lecturer gave.
- Give your post a personal touch by often referring to yourself and giving personal opinions and experiences. They want to hear you, be it your reviews of a product, your disagreements on a topic or how you think your tips can help them. Blogs are, after all, supposed to be a personal log. The readers would want to feel as though they can connect with you.
#5. Check For Grammatical & Spelling Errors
- If the post I’m reading contains grammatical and spelling errors, I’d start wondering if the writer is reliable in providing me information. It would seem dodgy. It doesn’t leave a good impression on the blogger and readers might start to doubt his credibility, as well as be potentially confused with the message that is being tried to convey.
- If you are using WordPress, use the built-in spell checker or use a reliable spell checker plugin. This way, grammatical and spelling errors are highlighted. Make an effort on this. After all, would you date a person who couldn’t be bothered about his/her appearance and left the house in a shoddy manner?
Of course, the core of a post would still be its contents but if the little things were not paid attention to, all the great contents in the world wouldn’t entice your reader to even read, and definitely not come back for more.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
19 CommentsFacebook Comments