25 Basic Tips To Get Google Sitelinks
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
I compiled these tips only after discussing with SEO gurus and experienced bloggers. I also added some points which I thought will be valuable.
Before some months, I applied some of these tips and we got Google Sitelinks within weeks.
Remember, Google wants your site to be clean and tidy. Sitelinks are mostly determined by the internal architecture of your website.
1. Submit Site’s URL : The first and foremost step is to submit your site’s URL to Google and as many search engines as possible.
RELATED : Submit Your Blog To Popular Search Engines
2. Google Webmaster : Use Google Webmaster Tools. It helps you to improve and understand your site, connect with visitors, and find answers to crawling. You can also check many SEO related issues about your site here.
3. Remove Broken Links : If you are using a WordPress blog, you can try Broken Link Checker plugin or you can even try Google Webmaster. Removing broken links helps a lot.
4. HTML Errors : Since Google wants your site to be clean and tidy, you should remove all the HTML error tags and codes. You can try W3C HTML Validation Service.
5. CSS Errors : Similarly for CSS errors remove all the error codes. To check and validate the errors you can try the W3C CSS Validation Service.
6. SEO Is Important! : Your blog should have good keywords, title and meta description. If you own a WordPress blog, you can try All-in-one-SEO-pack or if you use Thesis theme you will have in-built SEO pack.
7. Number Of Articles : Unless your blog has some articles it is impossible to get sitelinks. Your blog should have atleast 3-5 pages and 10-15 posts.
8. Good PageRank : If your blog has good number of backlinks and PageRank then it will easily get sitelinks. It creates a good impression.
9. Internal Linking : Interlink your blog’s articles. It also helps to increase page views and makes your readers to stay on your blog longer.
10. Permalink Redirect : You can try Permalink Redirect Plugin if you want to check the current URL against the permalink WordPress has defined for the post, page or category you’re in, and redirects to that permalink if they don’t match.
11. Blogspot or WordPress : Both WordPress and Blogspot platforms are well optimized, but Google mostly prefers Blogspot Blogs over WordPress blogs.
12. SE Traffic : If you get lot of traffic from search engines your blog will surely get familiar and it will be easy for getting sitelinks. Your blog should have High click through rates. You can even optimize your blog images for search engines.
13. Flow Of Traffic : Your blog should have a consistent flow of traffic to get Google Sitelinks. If the traffic sources are from Search Engines, then you are lucky.
14. Blog’s Age : Some experts say a blog should be atleast one year old in order to get sitelinks, but I don’t think that is true. HB got within 7-8 months and some blogs got sitelinks even within 4-5 months.
15. Searches and Clicks : The no. of searches and the no. of clicks that your blog gets for a certain keyword will also be considered. Your blog should also get many clicks for the searched keyword.
16. Good and Simple Navigation : Your blog should have good and simple navigation system. Try to have a <ul> and <li> list of links at the top for your blog. Put the navigation links in these tags. They also consider title tags of the pages.
17. Quality Content : If you are updating your blog with quality content on a regular basis you will surely get sitelinks.
18. Categories and Tags : Your blog’s sitelinks may also be a category page or a tag page. So always keep related category and tags for your articles.
20. Link Bait : If you want an article, a page or even a category page to get featured on the sitelinks, it should be linked most from other websites. It should have inbound links from high quality sites.
21. Homepage Links : Try to have around 4-8 links on your home page that points directly to the articles and pages you want to show up in site links. Make sure you keep a good and brief anchor text for them.
22. Sitemap : This is a MUST for every blog. Keep a clean sitemap and include all the links displayed on your homepage in the sitemap. Make sure they are indexed and submit the sitemap in Google webmaster tool.
23. Well Structured : Your blog should be well structured so that it will be easy for the Search Engine bots to identify your blog’s theme.
24. OnSite Linking : Suppose if you want to make a post as a sitelink then you have to make a lot of posts linked to that post.
25. Reconsider Your Site : If you didn’t get sitelinks even after applying these tips, you can request Google to reconsider your site. You have a option like this in Google Webmaster. You can try that. All you need to do is to write a convincing note to Google.
From Google : Sitelinks are completely automated, and we show them only if we think they’ll be useful to the user. If your site’s structure doesn’t allow our algorithms to find good sitelinks, or we don’t think that the sitelinks are relevant to the user’s query, we won’t show them. However, we are always working to improve how we find and display sitelinks.
If you understand Google’s algorithm, you can master the sitelinks! 😉
If you have any other tips, please mention it in the comments! 🙂
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
96 CommentsFacebook Comments