20+ Tips To Improve Your Website Conversion Rate
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
People spend so much of money and time optimizing their site for search engines and driving traffic to their site. But they are not trying to optimize their website for conversion rate.
According to Wikipedia, conversion rate is the ratio of visitors who convert casual content views or website visits into desired actions based on subtle or direct requests from marketers, advertisers, and content creators.
Conversion Rate = Number Of Goal Achievements/Visits
Converting visitors to buyers is a great deal and below I mentioned some tips to make that happen!
1. Unique Selling Point. Unique Selling Point (USP) tells the difference between you and your competition. It will make the visitor to buy from you instead of somewhere else. Some of the examples of USP are Good customer service, low prices, unique products, free delivery, great support, etc. Tell yours customers what your product is.
2. Be Memorable. Include all the information like articles, advice, reviews and so on. If your site is memorable, it will stick in your user’s mind. Also you should have a USP. Also consider branding. Your visitors should remember your name and also the quality of your site and information.
3. Offer Different Payment Options. Offer the user a reasonable selection of methods of payment. You can’t expect everyone to have a credit card. You don’t need to accept cheque, but also consider alternatives to some of the usual methods.
4. Keep the User Informed. You should keep user informed before and after sale. Users and Customers are always impatient. They are always eager to know when their product is going to arrive at their door. To make it better, give them an estimated delivery date during the checkout process. Emailing them or calling them when their product will be arrived is a great idea. Give them a tracking number. If they like your approach once, then they become your royal and regular customers.
5. Clear Returns and Guarantee Policy. Keep a good and clear Returns Policy. You can drive customers by it. Don’t ask People to pay for return things, even if it is a mistake by the retailer or by the customer. Give the users plenty of time to return things.
8. Be Honest. If the product is not available, mention it. If the user finds out the product isn’t actually available after adding it to a cart, and starting the checkout process, they may get annoyed and they may never return.
9. Avoid So Many Questions. Don’t ask so many questions or information, let it be a sale, a download, or a newsletter sign up. Consider your conversion goal a newsletter sign-up, then you should their name and email address alone, not their phone number or address. You should not force your users to do something which is irrelevant to the situation.
10. Move With Your Audience. Remember, you are not Google. Something which works for Google doesn’t mean that it can work for you too. Be aware of what your audience wants or else your customer will go to your competitor. Analyze what kind of products and stuffs your audience expect and try to make your website or brand similar.
11. Discount codes and coupons. Discount codes and coupons play important driving sales. Ensure everyone that there is a discount for the product. Make sure the users can see the discounts when they log in and then offer them to apply the code if they have one available.
12. Better Pricing Strategy. You have to be clear about your pricing. If you price yourself too high then your visitors will go to your cheaper competitors. Price yourself too low and you may end up appearing cheap. If your aim is be the cheapest then be the cheapest, no issues. Pricing also applies to shipping and delivery costs. You can also make delivery free or keep a flat rate and its better to mention about this during the checkout process.
13. Clear Website Usability. Your website should be easy to use or else your visitors will be unable to purchase or they may leave your website in frustration.
14. Improve your sales copy. In order to motivate and convince your visitors present the benefits of using your products or services. Give them a compelling sales copy for your website.
15. Improve website design. A well designed website can give a professional look. It will look like as if the company can’t afford or spend some money to design properly. You should also consider the content. If it is inaccurate or badly written then your visitors will not become your customers.
16. Create landing pages. Create landing pages for your website that are keyword specific and reflects your product or service accurately. Keep “Call to action” to every landing page.
17. Drive Traffic To Relevant Pages. If you are advertising for “Buy Leather Bags” then your landing page should be a page about Leather bags and you should also have the options to buy those bags right on the page. This also applies to the search engines visitors.
18. Observe Past Performance. Use Google Analytics to analyze your website traffic and observe your past performance.
19. Reduce Bounce Rate. Bounce rate is the percentage of single-page visits or visits in which the person left your site from the entrance (landing) page. Avoiding distractions and keeping Clear and Proper Navigation helps to reduce bounce rate of your website. You can check the tips to reduce bounce rate here.
20. Reduce Loading Speed. Visitors will wait for 10-12 seconds for a website to get loaded. You have to be lucky enough to get your website loaded quickly! You can use the Firefox add-on Firebug to analyze your website’s loading speed. You can check the tips to reduce your site’s loading speed here.
- Use PHP Flush To Improve Site Loading Speed
- 7 Free Best Tools To Check Website Loading Speed
- Leverage Browser Caching To Improve Site Speed
21. Provide Useful Content. This the most effective way of drawing and retaining traffic to your website. Provide useful content to your visitors and make sure they are accurate and punctual!
22. Sale point smooth. Sales paths on your website should be simple and straightforward. Make navigation paths to a sale point smooth. If the sale process is less confusing, the lesser resistance visitors will show.
23. Keep Customers Testimonials. Add your Customers testimonials to various sales pages, landing pages and even shopping cart pages. It will invariably increase the conversion rate.
24. Act Like A Consumer. Try to consider yourself as a consumer and understand their experiences with your website. Identify the technical hitches, missing components and so many things. By this you can easily understand your competitors in the market.
25. Powerful Headline. A powerful headline will capture the visitor’s attention and gives them a compelling reason to stay and look at your offer. In Conversion Optimization, it is one of the very most important parts of the web page. You can check our post – 10 Reasons Why So Many Posts Are Titled “Top 10 Reasons …”, you can understand how a title can change the post.
26. Give Free Gifts. Offer your visitors free gift like an ebook for their email address, in short for Subscription. Then you can send them emails every few days with valuable information about your website and product. That will make them to check your product and hopefully buy them too. You can also conduct some Giveaways.
27. Cross Compatibility. Make sure that your website is cross compatible with all of the major web browsers including Firefox, Opera and Safari. Lack of design may force your visitor to quit. You can use BrowserShots for analyzing how your site looks on various popular browsers.
28. Test it thrice! Testing is the best tip. Do it over, over, and over again. Use split testing and other techniques to discover which works best. Then try some another methods which may work further better.
Do you know any other tip for improving website conversion rate? Please share it in the comments. 🙂
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
23 CommentsFacebook Comments