1$ Deposit Casinos with Free Spins at Casimoose.ca
Best Online Casinos in Ireland at betinireland.ie/casino
Make Money Online Queries? Struggling To Get Traffic To Your Blog? Sign Up On (HBB) Forum Now!

The Requirements of Certified Translation for The UK


The kind of certified translation you need will depend on the country you are living. If you are a UK citizen, the requirements of certified translation for the UK will be different.

Requirements Of Certified Translation For The UK

What is a Certified Translation?

This is the most elementary certificate, given to the translated document by the UK Registered and Accredited Translation Company.

Most organizations generally accept it, for instance, if you need to translate some papers for the Home Office, Schools, Colleges or other public or private companies this is usually as far as you need to go. Though, often it is at the demanding organizations’ choice as to whether they require a certified translation, notarized translation or sworn translation. Any certificate or document that is not originally in English or Welsh will need a certified translation to conditions set by the UK Border Agency.

Certified Translation for The UK

If you think to move to the United Kingdom and your certificates are in a language other than English, you’ll require to have them translated and certified. Though, like the United States, the UK does not need a translator to be sworn by the governments to provide an official, certified translation UK. There is no such point in common law countries as a ‘sworn translator.’

Several universities or other organizations will require that your translator has been ‘certified’ or ‘accredited’ by a prestigious or identified translation community. It’s a great idea to get a professional translator, even if your receiving institution does not need it. There are two that generally work for official documents in the UK:

The Institute of Translation and Interpreting – “To certify a translation, the translator must certify that the translation is a correct, complete and reliable translation of the original document. The translator should stamp each side of the translation or approving authority to prevent any tampering or misuse.

Qualified Members of the ITI also must pass an evaluation to ensure quality, and get an official seal to place on their translations.

When and What Kind of Documents Need Certified Translations in the UK?

There is no specific number entering the type of documents or text that need certified translations or when you may be required to provide a certified translation of your credentials, degrees or certificates to a requesting organization. However, the following are the generally used kinds of documents that may need an approved and certified translation:

  •    Translation of College Certificates or Degrees: maybe you are joining as a teacher, and the institution may request you for a certified translation.
  •    Birth certificates, marriage or divorce certificates: if you are asking for a visa to another nation or you are getting married or separated; you may be ordered by the court or embassy to give a certified translation of your certificates.
  •    Land papers or any other types of documents: Maybe you are purchasing or selling properties in the UK, or any other nations, you may be required to provide an approved and verified translation of your documents.

Certified Translation requirements in the UK

The UK needs a fully-certified original translation for specific document you give that is not in English or Welsh. If you are making a request in the UK, the translation must:

  •    be performed by an expert translator or translation company that relates to the Association of Translation Companies
  •    add details of the translator or translation company credentials
  •    add certification from the translator that it is an authentic translation of the original document
  •    add the date of the translation
  •    add the original sign of the translator or an authorized official of the translation company

If you are making an application out of the UK, the translation must:

  •    be performed by a professional translator or translation company
  •    add confirmation from the translator that it is an actual translation of the original document
  •    add the date of the translation
  •    add the translator’s full name and sign OR the full name and signature of an authorized official of the translation company
  •    add the translator/translations company’s contact details

If your certified translation does not satisfy all the conditions, even if it is just one detail, then you must have a new translation prepared. Your visa application can be denied if the translation does not satisfy the conditions.


Ram Kumar blogs at DeviceBowl. He is a graduate in Computer Science and Engineering. Addicted to Blogging and Coding.

Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!

Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.

Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.

But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.

  • Comments
  • Facebook Comments
  • Comments

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published.

    You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  • Facebook Comments