Google PageRank is Unpredictable – Time to say Goodbye?
- Updated On 21/06/2015
- Author : Prateek Dixit
- Topic : Featured • Google
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=24851
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The Google Pagerank is a tool developed by Google that determines the importance of your website / webpage with relation to the search requested by the users. It is a value represented by a whole number between1 – 10. Higher the Google pagerank for a website, greater the chances of that website appearing at the top in a web search.
Principle behind Google PageRank
The Google Pagerank functions on the principle of link analysis algorithm. The link analysis algorithm assigns a numerical weight to each element within a set based on its relative importance in the set. In this particular context, it refers to the links that a webpage has managed to acquire.
Web page Links
- Google Pagerank is determined by the number of links that a website gets. These links may be considered as recommendations by other web users and web masters. The web links generally indicate that the content was relevant and of high quality. Naturally, greater the number of links the website gets, higher is the pagerank for the website.
- While considering links for websites, the quality of the links is also given due weightage. For instance, if your website deals with home furnishing, a link from a reputed interior and home decoration magazine’s website will carry more weight than a link from a customer’s blog.
Google Pagerank – Unpredictable?
In recent times, the effectiveness of Google Pagerank has reduced considerably. The tool has become unpredictable for a variety of reasons.
- The importance of keywords in online marketing is far surpassing that of Pagerank. Keywords are not restricted to commonly used single words, but are more complex, multi word phrases specific to the product or industry that the website deals in. Many websites find that their pages containing specific product related keywords, but having lower pagerank perform better in searches as compared to the home page that may have a higher pagerank.
- There is nothing original, fresh content to impress search engines. Often blogs containing relevant updated information come up high on search engine results within minutes of posting. Obviously they have not yet had time to gather any links, so their pagerank is low. Yet their visibility is high because of the updated content. Because of this, blogging is emerging as an effective online marketing tool, used by many companies.
- Some companies offer to sell high quality links to webmasters in an effort to boost the Google Pagerank. This includes links from pages that have a high pagerank themselves. Such a strategy is nothing but false creation or manipulation of pagerank, which gives distorted picture of the relevance of that website for the information sought.
- Certain websites that provide software or services require mandatory links from their clients at least for a temporary period. In such a case, the Google Pagerank for the website will shoot up for the period and this has nothing to do with quality or relevance of content on the website.
Google Pagerank appears to be on its way out. So if your website has a low Google pagerank, it means little or nothing for the online marketing for your business.
This article is written by Prateek. He is the founder and tech-writer with SEOEXCEED. He dedicates SEO knowledge. Recently he is coming up with a series of articles related to basics of SEO.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
Leave a Reply
22 CommentsFacebook Comments
Sagar I TechNetSavvy
To me Google Pagerank is very important though it does not depend on traffic, it is a important factor considered and reflects the reputation of a website.
Appreciating the dedication you put into your post and detailed information you provide on Google page Rank importance. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same old rehashed information. Great read!
Raj @ Blogging Tips & Tricks
There is no particular definition to determine page rank but there are some factors that influence PR… and it can't be ignored at least by the bloggers…
Though Google PR is unpredictable still we can not ignore them. Most of the time when Blogger try to monetize through link sale and blogpost sale. Google Page rank makes difference otherwise it hardly matters what is your page rank.
Thanks for great article! I hate to disagree but I don't see Google going anywhere and I don't see google page ranks doing anything but gaining more and more strength! Do you remember the days before Google? Now we use a verb "googling" to identify a search – i.e. "I googled it."
Google is a very strong presence on the Internet and that probably will not change – at least not in our lifetime. Companies will continue to pay and continue to compete for those coveted top ten page rank spots.
Nancy Anderson, SEO Analyst, Beyond.com
the blogger gives an advise about Google page rank is Unpredictable. and its also given different reason for that.so around all it is a very important article.
so thanks for sharing the information.
Google Page rank should be most important task on blog 🙂 Thanks a lot for sharing your post on here 🙂
Osho @ Latest Tips And Tricks
I Am Happy With Google Page Rank Got 1PR 🙂
My 18 months constant Pagerank is now fluctuating every one month. Seriously hate the new Pagerank algorithm & overall factors affecting it.
Still we depend almost on Google Page Rank and see the worth and stats of our blogs by PR ranking.
Although Google PR is still an authority in the area, lately i think that its popularity has dropped. A good reason is that it is unpredictable – you don't know when and what it is going to change. This is a little bit frustrating. Not to mention that lately Google has updated the PR twice in the last 2 months (June, July).
excelente esse artigo,valeu!
Nice write up and things you discussed here are true.. But still people crazy on PR and it is tough for us to get out from this PR issues till google exist.
sam @ goa carnival
I think it's still very important thing. Any body wants to see his/her website on good page rank in Google for get more positive response. And which all person doing work of related to online marketing they can show the snapshot to their new clients for impress them to take business from them.
GPR is still important for me, I dont think its value has been diluted, but it is all the more necessary to be in first three pages of GSER. Google indexes better than the other SEs.
Good content and using value keywords and tagging is most important, the three basic words in SEO
My website pagerank goes up and happy with that
some post got PR 4
Certainly i dont feel that PR has lost its shine. Still it plays a vital role in positioning of sites in search results. Keywords also work good but not always without good PR
Tiff | Holiday Parks
Google PageRank is still important. But because of only Google knows how to solve your PR, I think we can do nothing about it but to continue promoting our sites. Just keep your marketing strategies clean. I think it is even more fruitful to be on top of the SERP even if you don't have the highest PR.
I used to put a lot of research on Google Page Rank but decided to give up after that and only focus on traffic. Google's algorithm always change and it is hard to cope with the changes. The best is to write a good content and with some basic SEO, it should be sufficient to gain exposure from others.
PR is important for few blogger – but most of the time when blogger create money the PR is not that important – the only important things about blog is the "KEY" the key to success in blog, the key that's important the only google and any others search engine will understand – the "Keywords" – for me PR is not that important but the contents are – learn more about SEO and SERp's and you will understand the concepts of PR –
Learn the basic of SEO and get in touch with every one with your single key of words!
I've owned "android has been hacked" and im no 1 ranking in this keywords – the hits are pretty awesome! i think it's better for us to keep tracking on keywords to understand the basic of searching and the basic of Page Rank!
They've find you, you get popular, they search you, you owned the SEO's .. it's that easy ..
I am not too sure about this. For me, Google PageRank is still very important.
I am totally agree that Google PageRank is unpredictable but it is important. Website advertisers looks very first is Google Pagerank.