10+ Features Microsoft Kin Smartphones Lacks
- Updated On 17/04/2017
- Author : Pradeep Kumar
- Topic : Microsoft
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=6317
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Microsoft Kin is the latest buzzword in town right now (of course, only for geeks). Earlier I reviewed about the features and specifications of Microsoft Kin One and Kin Two smartphones.
Believe me, some of its features are really great for smartphones. But to our dismay it lacks some good features too.
In this article I’m going to reveal 10+ worthy features missing in Microsoft’s much expected smartphones.
Close your eyes.. 😛
1. No Instant Messaging : Microsoft said that the target audience of Kin will have texting as the primary means of communication. But they need to understand that there are lot of people who communicate in modes other than Twitter and Facebook. Yes there no IM client!
2. No third-party apps : All the smartphones have apps. For example Apple iPhone has tonnes of apps and they are counting, same for Android phones and BlackBerries.
3. No microSD support : Microsoft Kin smartphones are not compatible with microSD cards. Neither of the devices supports microSD cards. Memory will be restricted to 4GB and 8GB according to the models.
4. No Games : Came to know that it is not possible to play games on this much expected smartphone. Kin phones will not support games! 🙁
4. No calendar app : You can’t share your calendars with others since there is no in-built calendar app, but you can use online calendars. Bonus feature : You can set an alarm! 😛
5. No GPS Navigation : Even though you can get directions using Bing maps, turn-by-turn navigation is not part of Microsoft Kin Smartphones.
6. Bad Twitter support : Microsoft Kin One and Two won’t allow its users to share photos and videos via Twitter. WTF? Then why are they calling it as social networking smartphones? And what is the use of good cameras?
7. Not Using Windows 7 Phone OS : Since the Windows 7 Phone operating system is under construction, the Kin smartphones are based on current Microsoft mobile technology. So they won’t run Windows Phone 7 when it releases.
8. More Phones On Market : Well the price is not that much expensive, but we can get some cool Android-based smartphones for the same price. Think twice! Act wise!
9. Only On Selected Networks : Microsoft restricted the limitation of the Kin One and Kin Two smartphones to selected networks only.
10. Flash Support? It is a million dollar question whether the smartphones will support Adobe Flash or Microsoft’s own Silverlight.
11. No Universal Inbox :To view e-mails from another account, you need to go out of the inbox you are currently viewing and then go to the other account’s inbox. This feature is also missing in Apple iPad and but to my surprise, iPhone OS 4.0 has this feature.
I also compiled a list of missing features in Apple iPad before. Now tell me, what’s your opinion about these missing features? 😉
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
11 CommentsFacebook Comments