Brand Your WordPress Blog’s Database Error Page
- Updated On 23/04/2017
- Author : Pradeep Kumar
- Topic : Featured • WordPress
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=22711
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The hardest part for a blogger would be satisfying readers faced with downtime. You have to convince them in a manner they won’t get frustrated and also please them visit again.
Whenever your WordPress has a problem connecting to your database, you can display a custom database error page to your readers. You can make those pages branded so that your blog can still shine during that downtime.
Creating Custom WordPress Database Error Page
1. Open any Text Editor – Notepad or Notepad ++ (Check some alternatives here). Now it’s time to play with your creativity and imagination. Create a creative custom Database error page now, don’t forget to use your blog’s logo there and also some apologies for the downtime.
Also if you have a status blog, ask your readers to check that, so that they can know the cause of the downtime and when your blog will be up again.
2. Save that file as db-error.php.
3. Now move this file to your wp-content section. Use FTP Client like Filezilla (check alternatives here) for doing that.
Why wp-content folder? Even if you upgrade WordPress, the contents will be still present there.
4. That’s all, bingo! You can check HBB’s Custom Database Error page using this URL :
Most of us lose our blog readers because of downtime, you can also create a Status Blog for communicating with your readers during that downtime.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
20 CommentsFacebook Comments