15+ Things The Apple iPad Lacks
- Updated On 17/04/2017
- Author : Pradeep Kumar
- Topic : Apple
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=6053
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Apple iPad is the latest buzzword and trending keyword. It is believed to change the face of computing and to bring a new form of digital experience.
Some of my friends said it was a giant iPhone in fact! 😀 Meanwhile, if you a fan of HP, then do check the HP Slate (iPad Killer!) Specifications.
Below I mentioned some of the features that Apple iPad indeed lacks.
1. No Multi-tasking : From the demonstrations and reviews of iPad, I came to know we can’t run applications in the background. This also lacks in iPhone I guess.
2. No Drag and Drop File Management : Another issue we are facing with iPad is syncing your iPad with another computer. You will only be able to associate your iPad with a single other device as the same way you do for your iPod or iPhone now.
3. No Camera : This will be a huge disappointment to all the Apple fans and Photographers, LOL! Using an iPad you can’t record a video, you can’t take pictures, and of course, no webcam. So no video iChat and no Skype video conferencing.
4. No SD Slot : You can’t stick a 16GB SD card in as a semi-permanent storage. If you want to pull files off an SD card you need to purchase iPad Camera Connection Kit.
5. No HDMI Out : There is no single-cable way to connect an iPad to your TV set. Like Steve Jobs said, you can hook the iPad up to a projector, but you can’t hook it up to your HD monitor. There will be video out through dock connector.
6. No 1080p Playback : Now another bad news, you can’t expect full HD playback from the iPad. It has much less output. Video output is supported but only at 480p.
7. No USB Port : You cannot attach your USB peripherals directly. You can do only when plugged in via its proprietary dock connector.
8. No Full GPS : Wi-Fi only versions have no full GPS support. The 3G versions have Assisted GPS, and they use cellular connection for finding locations. If you are in a dead zone or other area of poor connectivity or even if you didn’t pay for your mobile service, your GPS will be dead!
9. E-mail Attachments : Just like iPhone’s e-mail app, you can’t view any mail attachments outside. Same goes for the much awaited iPad. So they are trapped in your mailbox.
10. No Native Widescreen : A iPad’s screen is a relatively square. This won’t be ideal for watching widescreen movies. The aspect ratio isn’t that wide screen.
11. Universal E-mail Inbox : To view e-mails from another account, you need to go out of the inbox you are currently viewing and then go to the other account’s inbox.
12. Blown-up iPhone Apps :Yes the iPad can run all existing iPhone apps. But you can run them at their iPhone-size in the center of your iPad screen, or you have to blown up to fill the screen. They are not anti-aliased. The text and images will look chunky.
13. No OLED : Earlier it was rumored that Apple is going to release two versions of iPads, one with OLED screen and one without. Some experts said, it would be perfect for an iPad to have OLED screen!
14. No Flash : It is believed that iPad has poor support for Adobe Flash. Already it was bad on the iPhone and it is one of leading causes for the crashes on Mac OS X. Though video sharing sites like YouTube and Vimeo switched to H.264 for video streaming, we still have lots of sites which support Flash. Poor Gamers!
15. No Keyboard : LOL, it has a keyboard, but not a physical one. Of course, I agree this is an iPad not a netbook, but the hassles are only known to the people who have used it. Without a keyboard its difficult to manage typing. But according to the iPad site bluetooth built into the iPad does support an Apple wireless keyboard.
16. Same as iPhone : To me iPad looks like a stretched version of iPhone. The OS and interface are the same I believe. So I’ll buy an iPhone rather than an iPad.
17. No Widgets : iPad has a huge screen and it would have been nice if they provide widgets like calculator, sticky notes or anything like that.
18. Average Battery Life : Apple claims iPad has 10 hours battery life and that is a good one, but only for ebook readers. By playing games or browsing the web for one or two hours, your battery life will be dead. Even if you turn on Wi Fi or 3G you need charge it twice or thrice a day.
19. Charging iPad : You can’t charge iPad over a USB port. It won’t charge even if iPad’s syncing with iTunes. The only way to charge the iPad is by using the included AC wall adapter.
Though there are many good things to say about iPad, still we are more concentrating on the disadvantages. What’s your take on this?
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
34 CommentsFacebook Comments