Top Blogs Not Using WordPress Platform
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
We all know that WordPress is the number one CMS and Blogging Platform out there. Even U.S. Government Agencies prefer it. But it doesn’t mean everyone uses it. Below are some examples. Below I included some of my favorite and famous blogs that are not powered by WordPress. I arranged them in no particular order.
1. Engadget : Engadget is a multilingual technology weblog and podcast about consumer electronics. Engadget currently has nine separate websites, all operating simultaneously with each having its own staff, which cover technology news in different parts of the world in their respective languages. [Platform – Blogsmith]
2. Lifehacker : Lifehacker is an advertising-supported weblog about life hacks and software which launched on January 31, 2005. The site is owned by Gawker Media and covers Microsoft Windows, Mac, and Linux programs as well as time-saving tips and tricks. The Lifehacker motto is “Tips and downloads for getting things done.” [Platform – Gawker Media platform]
3. Read Write Web : ReadWriteWeb is a blog that provides analysis of web products and trends. One of the world’s top 20 blogs, ReadWriteWeb speaks to an intelligent audience of web enthusiasts, early adopters and innovators. ReadWriteWeb was founded on April 20, 2003 by Richard MacManus and is now one of the most widely read and respected blogs in the world. [Platform – Movable Type]
4. Huffington Post : The Huffington Post (often referred to as HuffPo) is an American liberal news website and aggregated blog founded by Arianna Huffington, Kenneth Lerer and Jonah Peretti, featuring various news sources and columnists. The site offers coverage of politics, media, business, entertainment, living, style, the green movement, world news, and comedy, and is a top destination for news, blogs and original content. [Platform – Movable Type]
5. Gizmodo : Gizmodo is a blog about gadgets and technology. Started in 2002, Gizmodo has grown to be Gawker Media’s largest blog, bringing in upwards of 100 million page views a month in traffic. We post about a variety of electronics, as well as all sorts of things gadget geeks might enjoy. [Platform – Gawker Media platform]
6. Auto Blog : Autoblog.com is a web site that offers daily weblogs and podcast news and commentary about automobiles and the automotive industry. A weblog that covers the auto industry with test drives and commentary on articles from other sites. [Platform – Blogsmith]
7. Wired : Wired gives you get in-depth coverage of current and future trends in technology, and how they are shaping business, entertainment, communications, science, and politics. It is one of the popular technology blogs out there. [Platform – TypePad]
9. Blogger Buster : Blogger Buster is a resource blog for bloggers, offering hints, hacks, tips and tricks to help enhance your blogging experience. Use the label cloud and search box in the right hand sidebar of you’re looking for specific information, or simply browse through my posts instead. [Platform – Blogger]
10. Seth Godin’s Blog : SETH GODIN is a bestselling author, entrepreneur and agent of change. Godin is author of ten books that have been bestsellers around the world. His most recent titles include The Dip and Meatball Sundae. Free Prize Inside was published in early May, 2004 and All Marketers Are Liars was published in 2005. His books that have been bestsellers around the world and changed the way people think about marketing, change and work. [Platform – TypePad]
What I learned from this?
Content is the king, platform is next! 🙂
Do you know any other famous blog? 😀 Please mention it in the comments…
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
60 CommentsFacebook Comments