20+ Tools To Optimize Images For Search Engines
- Updated On 20/04/2018
- Author : Pradeep Kumar
- Topic : Web Tools
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=5268
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Earlier we discussed about the tips to optimize images for search engines and web. By optimizing images you can simultaneously decrease the bounce rate and reduce the loading speed of your blog. Below I mentioned 20+ cool tools for optimizing your images for search engines.
1. Adobe Photoshop : Best tool/software for optimizing images for the web. Always use “Save for the web..” feature in PS for better optimization of images. Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems.
2. Online Image Optimizer : This image optimizer lets you easily optimize your gifs, animated gifs, jpgs, and pngs, so they load as fast as possible on your site. Furthermore, you can easily convert from one image type to another.
4. RIOT : RIOT became quite popular in its young existence. You can save and optimize JPEG, GIF and PNG with a simple, clean user interface. Works in dual view: (original – optimized image) or single view (optimized image). Automatic preview of resulting image is also possible.
5. PNGOUT : Created by game programmer Ken Silverman, PNGOUT is a popular, free, and no-frills tool for lossless optimization of your images. PNGOUT can run in the command-line or Windows Run dialog box.
6. Super GIF : SuperGIF is a free utility for Windows and Mac OS users that optimizes your GIF images. Unfortunately the free version can only compress one GIF at a time. But it has almost all the features of the commercial version.
7. PNGGauntlet: PNGGauntlet is a .NET GUI application for PNGOUT. It can be used to convert JPG, GIF, TGA, PCX, and BMP to highly optimized PNG files.
8. PNGCrushrrr (Not Working) : PNGCrushrrr is a free GPL-licensed Mac OS utility for crushing down your PNG files to very small sizes. The creator says that PNGCrushrrr is best used on PNG-24 files.
9. SuperPNG : SuperPNG is a free Photoshop plugin for saving significantly smaller PNG files compared to Photoshop’s native save feature for PNG’s. It also includes some advanced PNG-creation features such as 16-bit color support, variable compression, gamma correction, and metadata saving.
10. TweakPNG : A utility for examining and modifying PNG image files. TweakPNG is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
11. Image Optim (Mac OSX) : ImageOptim optimizes images — so they take up less disk space and load faster — by finding best compression parameters and by removing unnecessary comments
12. PNGCrush : Pngcrush is an optimizer for PNG (Portable Network Graphics) files. It can be run from a commandline in an MSDOS window, or from a UNIX or LINUX commandline
13. OptiPNG : A PNG optimizer that recompresses the image files to a smaller size, without losing any information.
14. Adobe Fireworks : Create and optimize graphics and rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces with Adobe Fireworks CS4 software.
15. PNGPong (Mac) : PNGpong is a dashboard widget that strips the color “correction” information out of the file using pngcrush to fix potential gamma problems.
16. Web Resizer : Web Resizer is a free online tool helps you in optimizing pictures, images for websites and email campaigns. It allows you to crop, resize, add a border and sharpen your images easily.
17. WebGraphics Optimizer : WebGraphics Optimizer is a perfect tool for optimizing and compressing images for the web pages. The images can be reduced in size to increase the speed of your website.
18. GIFBOT : GIFBOT enables you to compress any GIF or JPEG graphic instantly. You just need to enter the URL of the graphic/image you want to compress, and get multiple options to choose from.
19. Image Optimizer : Image Optimizer is a free image optimization application that lets you resize, compress and optimize your image files. It is an easy to use tool as you can optimize image with just a click of a button.
20. AdvanceCOMP : AdvanceCOMP is a collection of recompression utilities for your .ZIP archives, .PNG snapshots, .MNG video clips and .GZ files. It’s mainly intended for recompressing your rom, snapshot and clip collection of emulated games.
21. Image Magick : ImageMagick® is a software suite to create, edit, and compose bitmap images. It can read, convert and write images in a variety of formats (about 100).
22. Littleutils : The littleutils include a duplicate file finder (repeats), image optimizers (opt-jpg opt-png opt-gif recomp-jpg), file rename tools (lowercase uppercase), archive recompressors (to-bzip to-7zip to-lzma), a tempfile utility (tempname), and more.
If you want tips regarding Image Optimization you can check it here.
Did I miss any other cool tool? Please share it in the comments! 😉
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
45 CommentsFacebook Comments