Earlier we saw the Resources To Sell Your Ebooks. Now we are going to see the techniques to write an eBook that sells. Writing an eBook is not as easy as it sounds. Many people lose motivation fast, since financial gains are not immediate. Other people may suffer the dreaded writer’s block. Use positive affirmations and don’t give up.
Take a break if you get frustrated and peruse other books or articles for inspiration. And keep reminding yourself that once you have written the book and finalized it, all of your hard work will pay off. If you are considering venturing into this arena of business, read on.
I’ll walk you through the process of preparing an e-book for publication:
- Research : Research your chosen topic, even if you are a pro. You may come across new and innovative ideas that had not occurred to you. The more nuggets of wisdom you can give the reader, the better your book is going to be received. This may also impact sales of future books you may write.
- General Outline : Draft a general outline for your eBook, making note of the topics you want to cover. Think about what you would need to complete the idea or task from start to finish. Think about what common questions the consumer may ask regarding this particular topic. This all should be covered in your eBook.
- Proofread Twice : Proofread your eBook to ensure it has all of the best information possible.
- Good Visual Appeal : Add royalty-free graphics or screen shots to your book to give visual appeal to the reader.
- Get Opinions : Ask a trusted friend or colleague to read over it and offer constructive criticism. You want this book to be worth your asking price. If one person loves your eBook, they are bound to talk about it or even recommend it to others.
- Marketing : Determine where you are going to market this eBook. If no one knows it exists, it is not going to sell. Amazon and other book dealers sell eBooks for writers. Consider starting an affiliate program (i.e. ClickBank) and have other skilled internet marketers market the book for you. Market it on your own web site, or consider investing in a web site on the subject with considerable page rank and traffic to market this book.
- Use Your Email : Add a link to your email signatures to your book.
- Post on forums with a link to your site or book.
- Creative Thinking : Think outside of the boxwhen it comes to advertising your book.
- Try Locally : You can also consider marketing the book in your local community or in newspapers, or hand out fliers to local businesses.
Have you ever written an eBook? So did you made some profit with it? or atleast traffic? Please share it with us.