URL Shorteners, as we all know, plays an important role in social networking websites like Twitter and other such micro blogging services.
I did a small survey to check what kind of URL Shorteners I used earlier, and it was a cramp. I used several services like Goo.gl, bit.ly, u.nu (now closed), and many more.
Earlier the URLs shorten by bit.ly were blocked by Facebook. Tr.im stopped their service, but they promised to keep existing links active. What if they decided to kill all those shorten URLs?! Simple, you will have tonnes of dead links (of your blog posts) lingering around the net, and that isn’t cute mate!
Though I trust all these services since they are managed by branded company and have been popular for ages. Amidst these confusions and quarrels, finally I decided to launch our own URL Shortener dedicated to all the resources from HBB and I picked hbb.me. The short URL hbb.me will redirect to the main blog hellboundbloggers.com.
It will indeed help us to detect, intercept, and prevent the spread of malware, phishing, and other online dangers.
HellBound Bloggers’s URL Shortener is powered by YOURLS. YOURLS is a small set of PHP scripts that will allow you to run your own URL shortening service.
Original URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/2010/05/10/reasons-to-marry-a-female-blogger/
Shorten URL : http://hbb.me/4d
It helps us to easily share our links on various social networks and also at the same time promoting our brand.
Purpose Of Launching Our Own URL Shortener (exclusive for HBB)
Apart from ‘lack of confusion’ of current URL Shorteners, I also have some reasons to launch this URL Shortener thing.
- I don’t need to depend on third party URL Shorteners, even if they shut down (like tr.im or u.nu), I won’t care about them!
- Now I can easily monitor and control our shortened links (YOURLS done a good job here, kudos!).
- Now I can create Custom short URL (for eg., hbb.me/sam, hbb.me/twitter, etc). I can also use good keywords here.
- Excellent way for branding my blog. Ding Dong!
- You don’t need to enter the full URL of our blog on mobiles, just enter hbb.me.
HBB.ME will be used only for the posts produced by HellBound Bloggers & maintained within the community only. Cheers. 🙂