HOW TO: Buy Or Sell Blogs Easily And Effectively
- Updated On 28/12/2020
- Author : Pradeep Kumar
- Topic : Blogging
- Short URL : https://hellboundbloggers.com/?p=1954
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You might be running a blog or website, but no longer wish to continue, then you can sell your blog easily for a good amount. Let the reason be anything, you can always find a person or place online to sell your blog. Developing and selling a blog becomes a trend now-a-days. You can see lot of queries related to it in the search engines. In this article I’m going to share some useful resources for potential buyers and bloggers who want to buy or sell a blog.
Common Reasons For Selling A Blog/Website
- You do not have the inclination to maintain the blog any longer.
- You don’t find time to update a blog since you have so many blogs to manage.
- You got a good buyer with a reasonable offering price fulfilling your expectations.
Where Can I Sell Or Buy A Blog/Website?
1. SitePoint Auctions : SitePoint has around 1000 unique visitors, so it is easy to grab opportunities. The buyers expect good Google PR, quality backlinks, unique visitors and moderate revenue. The fee is minimal and the rest in marketing skills, with which you can promote your blog easily.
2. Sedo Auctions : You can list your blog/website for sale on Sedo Auctions for free but you have to pay a commission fee of 10% when you get a buyer for your blog or website. Sedo lets you sell new and established blogs with excellent content. You can even promote your domain names.
3. eBay Website Auctions : One Good thing about eBay auctions is they are generally indexed by the search engines so if your listing has detailed descriptions and appropriate keywords, you can expect buyers through search engines as well. But the bad thing about eBay Website Auction is that you may have to deal with fake and spam bidders. You can list your blog for free in eBay. ebay also charges a commission from the sale.
4. Digital Point Forum : I’m a active member of Digital Point Forums and I have seen many threads related to it. You can get good exposure of your blog and also good buyers. This site not only allows you to buy or sell your blog, but also templates, services, domain, and so on. The best part in Digital Point Forums is that they are absolutely free and their iTrader helps you find reliable, trusted and questionable buyers and sellers.
5. NamePros : You can use NamePros for buying, selling and discovering premium domain names. At NamePros, you can post your domains for sale or for free appraisals. You can join over 156,998 domain name owners from around the world. They also provide you live chat rooms to discuss with potential buyers and sellers. You have to become a member of NamePros, which is free, and then list your blog or domain for sale.
6. Bloggeries : “Bloggeries” is The Human Edited Blog Directory of the Blogosphere. It is one of the fastest growing community of bloggers. Bloggeries forum lets you sell or buy a blog, trading, content, templates and many more for free of cost. Here also you need to register and get an account for making use of all these advantages.
7. Flippa : Flippa is a new website and also quite impressive one. Because Flippa is designed specially for selling and buying websites. It is one of the leading marketplace for websites. The great thing about this website is that it is created by a team from SitePoint. Your listing will be featured on the front page of Flippa for a limited period for about $29 and the prices varies accordingly.
8. Businesses For Sale :Businesses For Sale is a different kind of website, you can sell or buy a business for sale. Here you can also buy or sell blogs/websites. They have both free and paid. Each have their own advantages. If you are using for free in Businesses For Sale, then you are not allowed to post links and some features are limited only. You can check about it in the Sell A Business section.
You can check the extended list here :
20 Sites To Sell Your Blogs Or Websites
Final Verdict. What To Do and What Not To Do
These are some important things which you should keep in mind when you are going to sell your blog.
- Use separate web host and domain registrar. Some web host provide you cheap domain names, but you can’t able to transfer it. So it will be difficult to sell the concerned website.
- Are you serious about Public Auction ? Suppose if you are not satisfied with the offering made by the buyers or you changed your mind or something like that happens, you existing and current readers/subscribers will lose their enthusiasm because they will think you are no longer interested in writing.
- If you want deal this privately, you can talk with many website administrators. Daniel Scocco from DailyBlogTips is ready to help you regarding this if you good content and revenue. You can check his article about selling or buying a blog. You can drop him a email regarding this.
Having experience regarding buying and selling blogs? Please share in the comments ! 😉
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
Leave a Reply
48 CommentsFacebook Comments
20+ Reasons Why You Should Avoid Free Web Hosts
[…] one point you may want to sell your blog and having a free host will eat your reputation. It will decrease the value/price of your blog. […]
good post..but am not intersted to sell my site now …will bookmark this post..it will be helpful in future..:)
This is indeed a great post and will help a lot of web masters around the world to easily sell their sites. Thanks a lot Pradeep !
Iphone 4 Jailbreak
nice list , going to try out digital point first. I am a member there for last few months
Flippa is the best 😀
Dev | Technshare
thanks ..useful list
dp and flippa are my …favv
.-= Dev | Technshare's last blog…<a href="http://www.technshare.com/tips-to-increase-page-rank/">8 Tips to Increase your Google Page Rank</a> =-.
Mad Geek @beingPC
Might be useful someday, will bookmark it.
Nice share, btw what do you think how much can i get from my blog
.-= Mad Geek @beingPC’s last blog…Giveaway: 20 Licenses of IP Privacy Pro =-.
Do you mean, by selling it or by monetizing it mate? 😉
Mad Geek @beingPC
I want to sell it
.-= Mad Geek @beingPC’s last blog…Giveaway: 20 Licenses of IP Privacy Pro =-.
site point website sale and buy marketplace is now moved to flippa, and you can no longer sell websites and blogs at site point main market place, though flippa has some serious buyers and sellers and i have sold many sites and blogs there successfully,
dp is free and cool, am most active there and i love it, name pros is mainly for domains, i don’t see many good sites sold and bought there… and the others are pretty much small… if you got a good site to sell, flippa and dp is your best bet,
May be I should take a look at those places and should see whether I can buy any blogs there 😀
Ha ha.. yeah for sure.. ping me when you are doing that! 😀
Though, I am not a site flipper, I might think selling one or two domains of mine soon. It’s very hard to manage all of them together.
Dnscoop.com is another good place to evaluate and sell/buy sites.
Nice Ajith… I want to try ma hands on domain flipping.. 😀
Thanks for sharing that site.. will chk it! 😉
My name is Rajeel and i am from kerala.I’m 14 yrs old and blogs at www.labofweb.com.Now i’m in the 10th STD and i am having public exams.So, i’m not even getting the chance to put 1 post per week.So, due to this i had decided to sell my blog.It has now PR3 and i’m waiting till next pr update, coz i hopes for an increase in my PR.
But the problem is that i only owned the domain in this june 2009.Before that i was blogging in the blogger domain [rajeelkp.blogspot.com].So, as it is not so much old, will i get any buyers.I’m having 200+ visitors daily, 100+ posts, alexa – <200K and PR-3.How much value can i expect for it.I believe that you could help me in this.
Rajeel, take this as a healthy criticism ! 😉
You love your blog right ? Please consider selling your blog, if you are in tight financial trouble, or else continue blogging ! A blog having almost 200+ visits can easily adjust for around 2-3 weeks, by then you public exams will get over and you can post regularly ! 🙂
I think a blog having 200+ visits, PR 3 and Alexa <200K can get around 350 USD ! Rest lies in your marketing skills ! 😉
Add me to GTalk : firstname.lastname@example.org | If you want further discussion in this topic ! ..
@ Sunil Jain : You can get a laptop easily buddy ! 😉 You have good income from your blog! I’m doing my engineering and the rest is history ! 😆
recently i started 50 blogs and after an year i will sell them at good cost
Wow ! Really cool dude, all the best ! 😉
Thanks for your first comment here ! ..
Awesome posts, instead of selling domains one should try to popularize them.
Thanks Dinesh ! 😉
Yes, popularizing also helps ! …
Simon | Teenius
Really cool post, very informative!
I think you’ve listed all the best places to sell a site there… nice one! Don’t forget that word of mouth goes a long way, and you should also try and advertise your sale to get the maximum price!
Thanks Simon ! .. Actually I want to try my hands on domains ! ..
I’m currently the owner of only one domain ! 🙁
I have a bunch of good domain names for sale. But, it’s very difficult to think of parting with them.
I need to decide whether I am going to feed them information or just sell them away.
Actually, many of the domain registrars have option to sell the domains.. like listing in Auctions.. I may create such a post in future.. ! 😉
No doubt, SitePoint is the most recommended one.
Oh. Recently one of my blogging friend sold his blog through Flippa and it was quite good ..
Great information for those who are planning to be in the business. I am planning to buy some domains. But as I read your post, maybe I should consider buying an established blog. Thank you Pradeep..!
Same here Yasinta. I’m also going to buy some domain names…! 😀
Going to try my hands on marketing ! Hurray ! ..
Yes, I know this as site/blog flipping. I have seen a few people do this and be successful, but I think it takes some time to get the site indexed and have a decent page rank. I have seen sites on SitePoint going for huge amounts and some for little, I guess it solely depends on what the site is all about.
Thanks for the list of sites to approach if trying to sell sites.
Recently a friend of mine, mentioned in his blog about selling his blog. That’s when this idea popped ! 😉
Nice Stuff Pradeep 🙂
Thanks for your first comment here Catherine.. ! 😉
Great list! 🙂
Happy Friendship Day! 🙂
Thanks Shafar ! 😀
Happy Friendship Day ! 😉
Interesting, I`ll quote it on my site later.
Thanks for the link love mate ! 😉
Good post 🙂
I recently posted my site just for estimation in DP and got PM’s from 120$ and 250$ was the highest
Great Sunil ! Digital Point is a cool place to try these things.. !
And 250$ is worthy ! 😉
I don’t think so dude because i myself earn 70-90$ from the site monthly and 250$ can be earned within 3 months ,so i am expecting a high bid 😉
One guy named Blogging Kid sold his blog for 210 USD ! But of course, that money is too low ! But due to some situations, he was forced to sell his blog for that money !
And sorry buddy I mentioned 250$ as a good amount for a normal blog, not a branded blog like yours ! I know you can earn 50 $ in 20 days or so ! 😉
The only prob for me is , i am not getting time to maintain it.
Once i get a laptop then will have some more blogs like this. 🙂
My BCA life is making me very much busy nowadays 🙁 🙁
Thanks for your first comment here mate ! 😉
Balaji | GuideToTech.com
I sold via DP mate…
Hope it went successful ! 😉
Currently, I am developing some domain names and planning to sell them! I hope, this post will surely be of help to me.
Nice work dude ! ^_^
I’m glad this article is useful to you ! Cheers ! 🙂