HBB Initiative — World Day for Prevention of Child Abuse [November 19th, 2010]
CONNECT WITH HBB ON SOCIAL MEDIA
World Day for the Prevention of Child Abuse on 19 November each year is intended to create a global culture towards the worldwide prevention of child abuse. The World Day for the Prevention of Child Abuse is an initiative of the Women’s World Summit Foundation, a coalition of close to 1000 member organizations in 135 countries.
HBB’s Contribution To Prevent Child Abuse Online
Not everyone is aware about ‘Online Behavior’, which creates lots of problems to children. Now my idea is to teach minimum of 10 children about how to behave properly in Social Networks and about the thing called ‘Privacy’. How will this help them?
- Will prevent them from revealing their photos, personal phone numbers, emails, residential address or school name.
- Won’t meet someone she/he knows online. If they really wish to meet, they will take an adult with them.
- They will know about SPAM emails and they will not click on any suspicious links from emails.
- They won’t do video chatting or voice chatting with strangers unless they are really sure.
- They will know how to react when they are abused online. They will talk with an adult whom they trust.
- More than this, they will spread the word.
I also want to take this step further, from ‘teaching kids online’ to ‘teaching kids offline’. It helps them to understand easily then. If everything works, I’ll get permission from a nearby school to teach them about ‘Online Security’. I hope you will also do your part and prevent at least a child from getting abused online.
Want to discuss your queries and interact with experts? You can connect with HellBound Bloggers (HBB) Facebook group for free!
Join HellBound Bloggers (HBB) and get Instant Updates. We'll also notify you with Great Deals, Discounts and other Interesting Tips. We won't SPAM or SHARE your Email Address with anyone.
YOU CAN ALSO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED TOPICS:
Thank you for reading! We welcome and appreciate your comments, but at the same time, make sure you are adding something valuable to this article. If you have any serious queries, suggestions or anything related to this article, feel free to share them, we really appreciate that.
But, if your blog comments are a random "Thank you", "Useful Post", or anything that doesn't actually upscale the article, then we'll be removing them and it won't be appeared below. Thanks for understanding and thanks for connecting with us. If you want to give us any feedback or report any errors, you can kindly contact us and we'll revert back soon.
- Facebook Comments
14 CommentsFacebook Comments