Everyone needs some privacy on their online profiles. Today almost everyone uses social networking sites to connect with their friends and maximum of them seeks for privacy. Currently Facebook is at the top most level among all social networking sites. People share your personal information, photos and videos only with their friends and might not like if their profile and pictures appear publicly on other search engines. So to prevent occur their Facebook profile information on a search engine like Google, they need to change their privacy option. Below are the few steps on how to prevent your Facebook profile appear in Google search results:
- Login to Facebook.com
- Click on Account–> Privacy Settings.
- Now click on Edit your Settings under Apps and Websites.
- At the bottom most see Public Search–> Click Edit Settings.
- Uncheck the Enable public search box.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm your selection–> Click Confirm.
Your Facebook profile will be disabled from Google search results.
This article is written by Priyanka Bhowmick. Her write-ups can be found in her blog CyberJunkeez. If you wish to write for HBB, kindly check this.
Do you want to have a secure and private search experience? Google Encrypted SSL Search is here for you. Just visit https://encrypted.google.com and do your normal Google Search.
If you are not aware about SSL, it is a protocol that helps provide secure Internet communications for services like web browsing, e-mail, instant messaging, and other data transfers.
Using Google search over SSL, you can have an end-to-end encrypted search solution between your computer and Google. This secured channel helps protect your search terms and your search results pages from being intercepted by a third party.
This will be really useful if your computer got infected with malware or a keylogger, a third party might be able to see the queries that you typed. Right now only Google web search is available over SSL and this won’t work for Google Images or any other sites.
You can make the most out of search engines if you can try some different search queries, especially for a giant like Google. Below I mentioned some of the useful search queries to find what you will be looking for these days.
Put one of these string in google search box:
- “parent directory ” /appz/ -xxx -html -htm -php -shtml -opendivx -md5 -md5sums
2. DVD Ripped Movies
- “parent directory ” DVDRip -xxx -html -htm -php -shtml -opendivx -md5 -md5sums
3. xVid Movies
- “parent directory “Xvid -xxx -html -htm -php -shtml -opendivx -md5 -md5sums
- “parent directory ” Gamez -xxx -html -htm -php -shtml -opendivx -md5 -md5sums
5. Music in MP3 Format
- “parent directory ” MP3 -xxx -html -htm -php -shtml -opendivx -md5 -md5sums
6. Specific Song, Album, etc
- “parent directory ” Name of Singer or album -xxx -html -htm -php -shtml -opendivx -md5 -md5sums
Note : I am only changing the word after the parent directory, change it to what you want and you will get a lot of stuff.
Tip For Searching Smartly
Put this string in google search:
You only need add the name of the song/artist/singer.
Example: ?intitle:index.of? mp3 dropkickmurphy
These are a few uses the Google’s Operators, you can search for that phrase on google and get and find a page with all the them.
MOST RELATED ONES :
- 4 Simple Search Engine Tips & Tricks
- Use Google Smartly For Better Search Results
This article is written by Shawn Crigger. You can out his blog S-Vizion.com for more information on Google Tricks and Web Design. If you wish to write for us, kindly check this.