Everyone needs some privacy on their online profiles. Today almost everyone uses social networking sites to connect with their friends and maximum of them seeks for privacy. Currently Facebook is at the top most level among all social networking sites. People share your personal information, photos and videos only with their friends and might not like if their profile and pictures appear publicly on other search engines. So to prevent occur their Facebook profile information on a search engine like Google, they need to change their privacy option. Below are the few steps on how to prevent your Facebook profile appear in Google search results:
- Login to Facebook.com
- Click on Account–> Privacy Settings.
- Now click on Edit your Settings under Apps and Websites.
- At the bottom most see Public Search–> Click Edit Settings.
- Uncheck the Enable public search box.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm your selection–> Click Confirm.
Your Facebook profile will be disabled from Google search results.
This article is written by Priyanka Bhowmick. Her write-ups can be found in her blog CyberJunkeez. If you wish to write for HBB, kindly check this.